Digital Corner is strongly committed to protecting your privacy and complying with your choices. You will be in full control of all data relating to yourself. Both personal and non-personal data and information collected is safeguarded according to the highest privacy and data protection standards adopted worldwide. Specifically, we are in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “Data Protection Legislation”). We strive to make you feel safe when we collect or share your data and therefore, we want to be transparent on how we collect, use, share and store the information about you and the choices available to you as data subject.
2. Usage of personal data
- We use and collect your personal data for the following purposes:
- For relationship management and marketing: Digital Corner uses the information in the contractual relationships database to send you updates you on developments within Digital Corner. We also may use your personal data for the development, execution and analysis of market research and marketing strategies.
- To provide client support: We want to offer you the best experience possible when using our services and Website. Therefore, we are ready to handle any questions or complaints you might have. When you get in touch with us at our office, via social media, via a contact form, or in any other way, we will use your personal data in order to reply to you, answer your question, or handle your complaint.
- To process your payment: We use Stripe or Paypal as a payment processor to process your payments to us. Stripe or Paypal will handle all of your personal data; we will not get access to such personal / payment data.
3. Legal bases for collecting your personal data
The legal basis we have in order to collect your personal data will depend on the type of data collected. In any case, it will be either of the following:
- We need to perform our obligations under a contract with you
- You have given us explicit consent
- It is in our legitimate business interest
- To comply with our legal obligations
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone, and/or text message with information, news, and offers on our services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Legislation, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
4. Which personal data do we collect?
- We collect the following types of personal data:
- When you fill out an enquiry form, we collect and process your full name, email address, telephone number, and the details of your enquiry.
5. How long do we retain your personal data?
Your personal data will be retained by us for as long as necessary to serve the legitimate
business purposes as set out above. We may need to retain personal data longer to comply with applicable laws, such as those relating to tax and accounting. If there is no ongoing interest in retaining your personal data, we will promptly delete or anonymize it where possible.
6. Which parties have access to your personal data?
Within Digital Corner, our employees, contractors, agents and directors have access to personal data, but only to the extent necessary to properly perform their individual tasks.
Digital Corner only shares personal information with third parties if it is necessary to serve the applicable purpose as set out above. When a third party processes your personal data, this is only possible according to the instructions of Digital Corner. They therefore act as our data processor. In all cases, we will ensure that third parties with access to your personal information have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to maintain our intended level of privacy and security. We will conclude the necessary agreement with the data processor(s), whereby we include obligations to ensure that your personal data is only processed so that the data processor can fulfil his duty to provide services to us.
Under these conditions, the following third parties will have access to your personal data. Please click on the relevant links to review their respective privacy policies:
- We may professional advisors such as insurers, accountants, consultants, and legal professionals.
- We use Stripe or Paypal as a payment processor to process your payments to us. Stripe or Paypal will handle all of your personal data; we will not get access to such personal / payment data.
In all other cases, your personal information will not be provided to third parties, unless required by law. Digital Corner will never sell your personal data.
7. Transfer of your personal information
Whenever we transfer your personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will do so in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. Any party located outside of the EEA/UK will have to enter into the Standard Contractual Clauses alongside any data processing agreement they enter into.
Your personal information is stored securely at all times. We value the protection of your privacy. We have taken strong security measures to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We further ensure that personal data is only accessible to those specific persons who are authorized based on their function.
We only select the third-party IT-service providers that have proper security facilities in place. In addition, we have implemented measures to guarantee your safe visit to and use of our Website. This way we prevent misuse of your data. These measures include computer security and protected files and facilities. Your connection to our Website is safe through activation of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) as well as use of AWS safety measures.
Digital Corner has taken the necessary technical and organizational measures to prevent, identify, report and deal with data protection breaches. However, in the event that a data breach occurs, Digital Corner will, without undue delay and where possible, not later than 72 hours after being notified, report the breach of personal data to the relevant Data Protection Authority.
9. Your rights
As the owner of the personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access: You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you to verify that we are lawfully processing the data.
- Right to correction: You may request any incomplete or incorrect information that we may have about you to be corrected or supplemented.
- Right to be “forgotten”: If there is no good reason to keep your personal information, we will stop processing. You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal information.
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data: You can submit a request not to process your personal data, either temporarily or permanently.
- Right to portability: You can submit a request to transfer your personal data to a person or institution designated by you.
- Right to object to processing: Under certain circumstances you can object to the processing of personal data altogether.
- Right to withdraw consent: You also have the right to withdraw your previously granted permission to process your personal data or to object to the processing of your personal data by Digital Corner.
Every request is subject to applicable law, which means that we may have to store the personal information. We also want to remind you that you have the right to make a complaint to your national Data Protection Authority if you think we are not compliant with the applicable data protection legislation.
If you want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, you can do so here at any time:
Digital Corner: [email protected]
We insist on not processing any personal data of children under the age of 16, unless this is explicitly consented to by a parent or legal guardian. However, as it is hard to detect whether we are doing so, we strongly encourage you to inform us if you have reason to believe we process the personal data of a minor. We will delete this personal data instantly.
11. External Links
Our Website may display links to other websites. Unless these other websites are affiliated with Digital Corner, we are not responsible for the privacy policies that these other websites use, nor for their content and security. We advise you to inform yourself by reading the privacy policies on these websites.
13. Questions or comments?